Things You Would Never Know Without Movies
- Large, loft-style apartments in New York City are well within the
price range of most people-whether they are employed or not.
- One of a pair of identical twins is always born evil.
- Should you decide to defuse a bomb, don't worry which wire to
cut. You will always choose the right one.
- Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the
communications system of any invading alien society.
- It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight
involving martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you
one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have
knocked out their predecessors.
- When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your
bedroom will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.
- If you are blonde and pretty, it is possible to become a world
expert on nuclear fission at the age of 22.
- Honest and hard working policemen are traditionally gunned down
three days before their retirement.
- Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their
archenemies using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley
systems, deadly gasses, lasers, and man-eating sharks, which will allow
their captives at least 20 minutes to escape.
- During all police investigations, it will be necessary to visit a
strip club at least once.
- All beds have special L-shaped cover sheets that reach up to the
armpit level on a woman but only to waist level on the man lying beside
- All grocery shopping bags contain at least one stick of French
- It's easy for anyone to land a plane providing there is someone
in the control tower to talk you down.
- Once applied, lipstick will never rub off-even while scuba diving.
- In war it is impossible to die unless you make the mistake of
showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.
- Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German or Russian
officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German
or Russian accent will do
- The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris.
- A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating
but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
- If a large pane of glass is visible, someone will be thrown
through it before long.
- If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any
strange noises in their most revealing underwear.
- Word processors never display a cursor on screen but will always
say: Enter Password Now.
- Even when driving down a perfectly straight road, it is necessary
to turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few
- All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large
red readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.
- A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from
- Police departments give their officers personality tests to make
sure they are deliberately assigned a partner who is their total
- If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you meet
will know all the steps.